Whipped cream can be a true delight; a light and frothy sweet topping which can make any recipe more luxurious. This silky and smooth mixture can be flavoured easily to complement any other ingredients in a dish and can be used in a variety of different ways.
Whipped cream can be purchased readily available in a pressurised can and can also be made by hand at home and dispensed with whipped cream chargers. It can be made with a number of subtle and delicious flavours, including brandy, rum, vanilla, coffee or chocolate. If you make your own whipped cream, remember that it can be kept in a covered container in the fridge for approximately three days but after that it will begin to break down if it does not have any stabiliser added to it.
There are so many delicious ways that you can use whipped cream in your recipes. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Strawberries and whipped cream is a very simple yet elegant and delicious dessert. You could even use chocolate whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce to make things even more luxurious.
- Using plan whipped cream from your whipped cream chargers instead of milk when you make mashed potatoes, results in them having a much more lush texture due to the buttermilk in the cream.
- Try using whipped cream in your creamy soups to make them much richer and more luxurious. Because the cream will curdle when exposed to heat, make sure that you only mix it in at the end of the savoury recipe and don’t let it boil.
- Add whipped cream to your cheese sauces to make them richer and thicker. Your dinner guests will wonder what your secret is.
- Whipped cream can be sweetened and stabilised to frost a cake. This is a very popular choice for wedding cakes. All you need to do is to add one tablespoon of confectioner’s sugar for every 8 ounces of whipped cream in your whipped cream chargers.
- Use your whipped cream as a topping on sweet pies, cakes, pancakes, waffles or fruit crumbles.
- Add a spoonful of whipped cream to your hot chocolate on a chilly day for a luxurious treat.
- Add a few drops of food colouring to your whipped cream and use the colourful cream from your whipped cream chargers as frosting on cookies or muffins.
These are just a few of the fun ways that you can use whipped cream in your kitchen!
It’s time to break out the whipped cream chargers and use this sweet and frothy creamy topping on all sorts of creative recipes in your kitchen!